Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Moving On Up

I got a call from my Town & Country Homes sales representative who said that John our site foreman says that the closing has to be in October, not November 2nd as previously scheduled. I have always felt that the soon, the better but I was concerned that we wouldn't be able to close on a Friday which would screw up Kerry's schedule or require me to present a Power of Attorney for her at the close. And I was sure she would very much want to be there. It would also be unbearable for me because I would want to go over to the house immediately after the close but I wouldn't want to do that without her. Awwwwwwwwww.

So, I told the agent that we could close on the 26th of October but the final walk-through would have to be pushed up a week to the 19th. This also screwed up a seminar thingy that Kerry was kind of planning to do that weekend and required me to re-schedule some depositions but it will all work out. I also called the movers and had them re-set our move to November 3rd. Finally, I let the mortgage agent know that the close had moved up and also let her know that GMAC Mortgage (her previous company) was still trying to keep our business. I let her know the rate GMAC quoted and told her she needs to beat it. She said she didn't think that would be a problem.

I have a trial set for October 29th but it looks like that is going to settle now. That will free me up for a week (evenings) to shuttle little things over before the movers get the big things. So now were all set to walk-through on October 19th and close on October 26th. We'll be in in time to put a pumpkin on the porch for Halloween!

P.S. The Brewers are all but done in the playoff chase. But the Packers are 3-0 and looking good!

No comments: