Thursday, September 20, 2007

Closer to Closing

Town & Country called to set our closing date. November 2nd. A tad later than we had hoped (we hoped to be in by mid-October). Part of it was due to our schedule and need for a Friday close. We set our walk through for October 26th (also a Friday). It should all work out. I also asked the builder's agent to confirm that because of the early close, they would honor their agreement to pay for our December rent on our apartment. She said she needs to review all that with the old agent and the builder and would get back to me. If they welsh out on that, I will be quite put-out.

I also have a call in to a mover to try to schedule a November 10th move. That would put us in for a nice Turkey Day with my nephew, sister, mom, Gerry and Shadow at our new digs. It might not be a fully formal event but it'll be fun.

Now, I just need to finalize the mortgage arrangements and hopefully with the Federal Reserve dropping interest rates 1/2 point this week, we'll get locked in at a good number. I can't wait to get out to the site this weekend and see what's been done since last week's walk through! Oooh! And I can pick up my new suit at the tailor! How exciting! I'm down-right giddy!

Update: Town & Country just called back and said that covering the December apartment rent would be fine.

No comments: