Saturday, September 8, 2007

Laying Pipe

Another relatively dry week and more progress is made. The plumbing and gas lines have all been installed. The windows are in place. The front porch has been poured. Steadily, the house is moving towards completion. So, we really don't have any complaints so far.

I took lots of pictures of the pipes and whatnot for future reference but when I uploaded the pictures, I couldn't remember what was what. I'll have to lable the pipes before I take pictures of them again next week. I don't think that'll be a problem since I think the next step would be the initial wiring. They can't drywall until we've had our pre-drywall walk-through orientation with the foreman. I called to see if we need to schedule that but I'm still waiting for word from the builder. Normally, the foreman calls us so I may be a little ahead of myself right now.


Kerry and I spent most of the day in Plainfield. Took a new suit I bought on Thursday to a Plainfield tailor. Went to Lowe's and bought my birthday present: a 3/4 HP belt drive Chamberlain garage door opener. How exciting! We also picked up Kerry's replacement light fixture for the kitchen -- this time a brush nickel pot rack light (below). After a light lunch at Panera Bread, we went to see 3:10 to Yuma. It was good. Not great.

We also had our first guests at the new house. Bill and his son, Liam, met us for buffalo wings and then came out to the house. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of them.




No comments: