Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend Staging

Saturday, I got an early start (I had to run out to the house first thing because I forgot my cell phone there). After Kerry had a check up with her doctor, we then resumed the process of bringing our stuff to the house.

We started by clearing out my off-site storage unit so I would be able to close it out before the end of the month. Three Rav/Saturn loads later, mission accomplished.

We then began bringing stuff out of the apartment storage and the apartment itself. We did a few trips before it started getting late and I had trouble keeping my eyes open. At that point, we decided to call it a night since we had a Halloween party we wanted to go to. I took a quick nap but when it was time to go to the party, Kerry didn't feel up to it as the two days of busyness took its toll on her. So, we just waited for my mom to come down from Milwaukee with the dinette set.

When my mom got down here it was pretty late but she wanted to see the house. It also allowed us to drop off the dinette set thus freeing up loading space so we could start out bright and early Sunday. So, after another breakfast at Panera, we began another caravan back and forth between the house and the apartment.

We also had to wait for the appliance delivery guys who were scheduled to arrive between 9am and 1pm. So, after we emptied the vehicles, Kerry and my mom went to the store and to Kerry's storage locker to get some boxes and clothing while I put the dinette set together and waited for the truck.

The appliances arrived around 10:30 and the guys got everything unloaded and connected. The Lowe's sales guy reminded me to buy a gas-line connector kit for the dryer but didn't remind me to by a water connection kit for the refrigerator. Fortunately, the delivery guy had an extra kit in his truck and just gave it to us instead of making us go buy one and install it myself (good luck with that).

Kevin then came out to see the house (by which time Kerry had left to make another run to her storage unit) and Kevin, my mom and I went to Culver's for lunch. The rest of the afternoon mostly involved re-staging the stuff into areas where it won't get in the way of the movers when they come next weekend.

We then went back to the apartment with my mom staying up watching TV in the living room while Kerry and I fell asleep in the bedroom after watching Buffy.

No comments: