Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Big Break In!

Went out to the house again tonight. My usual Tuesday night run. I'm in the middle of a trial downtown that started today. It will finish tomorrow but I just wanted a nice mental break.

Didn't think I could get in tonight (like the previous evening) but to my surprise the basement window was open. I had to drop 5 feet into the window well but it was easy enough to skootch down and hop in through the window. I locked the window behind me even though it technically shouldn't matter to Kerry and me. The house doesn't actually belong to us until closing and anything that happens to the house or any of its contents before then are the responsibility of the builder. But I don't want things to get slowed up by having stuff stolen so I locked the window even though it might mean I won't have future access.

Inside, I saw that the dishwasher, double-oven, built-in microwave and kitchen sink had been delivered. They were sitting in the kitchen. The cabinetry appears to be completely installed (with the exception of paneling on the kitchen island) even if there still appear to be temporary support braces holding them up.

Elsewhere, bi-fold doors were being painted and they appear to have recently completed the finish drywall spraying. Upstairs, the towel bars were installed but most of them were all sprayed up. I don't know if they stay like that but I think that once we get settled in, the towel bars will be replaced. Right now they're chrome like the other bathroom fixtures but since we're planning to replace the light fixtures, we'll probably want similar towel bars. And that's something that I have experience in doing myself!

Outside, the siding and soffits are done. Looks good even if it was very dark when I was there. Looking forward to seeing what gets done between now and Saturday.

No comments: