Monday, October 15, 2007

"Jury Duty"

I was scheduled for jury duty today but didn't actually get selected. So, I took the opportunity to run out to the house and see if I could catch some workers there.

There was activity both inside and out. Landscapers were getting ready to put down the topsoil for the sodding and seeding. Street numbers had also been installed above the garage door.

Inside, I was approached by a guy named "Rick" who questioned my presence. Once, I introduced myself as one of the buyers, he shook my hand and told me he'd be around if I had any questions.

Inside, cleaning crews were getting any remains of the drywall spray off the windows, towel bars and mirrors. They also had big, industrial vacuum cleaners at the ready to clean up the bits that inevitably are created when carpeting is laid.

We also finally got our fireplace mantle hung. Looks nice but I can't remember if they're supposed to stain it or if we do. I also got a good look at the cabinetry hardware Kerry saw on Saturday had been been installed. I always liked the look of brushed nickel on dark wood. Still don't know why the last panel hasn't been put on the back of the kitchen island but I couldn't find Rick to ask about it. I'm going to have to try to remember to ask the foreman, John, on Friday when we do our final walk-through.


Most exciting is that WE HAVE TOILETS!!!




No comments: