Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Workers in Action

I had an arbitration hearing scheduled in the suburbs so I took the opportunity this morning to run out to the building site to see what's happened since Saturday. We've had lots of rain lately but with plenty of breaks of workable weather, I thought I might see some progress.

And progress was seen. The second floor exterior walls are all in place. While I was there, I watched the carpenters working on the interior walls. First time I'd been out to the site when there were actual workers there. Not that I thought the hole dug itself or the walls were raised by passing Amish farmers. I didn't go bother them. The ground was too muddy and I didn't want to step in anything icky before my hearing.

Didn't see any trusses for the roof on site yet but the weather today has remained dry if warm. So, maybe if the trusses get delivered soon, we'll see a roof in place in the very near future.



No comments: