Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Let There Be (New) Lights

The house isn't even built yet and Kerry is already thinking about remodeling. Actually, we've both thought about changing the bathroom lights. She mentioned that she doesn't think the standard "Hollywood" bulb lights are very appealing. I dutifully responded, "Yes, Dear." In reality, I have to agree. Unfortunately, that's what we have going into the master bath and second upstairs bath. There's an eight bulb in the master and a 4 or 5 bulb in the second. The powder room downstairs has twin fluted lights which wouldn't be bad but it's polished chrome where as all of our other light fixtures are brushed nickel. Obviously, we'd like to keep everything uniform if we can possibly help it.

So, I called our design consultant and asked her for the model style of our brushed nickel fixtures so I can look up matching bathroom lights. I found a couple of possibilities. Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure how big of a lighting unit I would need in the master bath to match the 8 bulbs of the standard. I do think the designer models are much nicer though so we'll see.

No comments: