Monday, April 9, 2007

Showing! Showing!


We've had the condo on the market for 3 days and we've already had one showing! This morning a Prudential agent called and said she wanted to bring a client through and wanted to make sure the place could be shown. It was and I told her to go ahead whenever she could get there. I zipped a little text message off to Kerry to let her know (we can all use good news now and again).

That's pretty cool but the kicker is that this afternoon, she called again saying she wanted to bring her client back because it was in his "final cut." Of course, I told her, "Any time." I then texted Kerry again and let her know but this time I had to qualify it with a: "I'm not messing with you on this!"

I then ran to Menard's and picked up the 6' mirrored closet door to replace the one that had cracked a year or so ago. It was an ordeal bringing it home since it didn't fit well in the Rav. But with enough bungee cords, some careful driving and a little luck, I got it home. I also picked up a wood chisel and mini-saw to cut into the trim above the front door to allow me to connect the door closer.

I started by getting the broken closet door taken down. Then 24 started so I turned my attention to the front door closer which was near the T.V. I used the mini-saw to cut into the trim and then used the chisel to pop the piece out where the connector had to be screwed into the wall. Once the trim was cut the screws went in clean and voila' another Donovan masterpiece.

24 ended and after taking a call from a friend I hadn't talked to in far too long, I went back at the closet door. I extended the rollers at the top and popped them into the track that my mom's husband, Gerry, put in about 2 years ago. That long already? Wow.

I extended the top rollers to even it up with the other rolling door and then extended the bottom guides into the tracks. And I'll be danged if I didn't do it again. Yea, me!

I don't know if it will make the difference in getting a sale tomorrow but it can't hurt. Maybe the potential buyer didn't even notice anything amiss. You just never know. We remain hopeful but there are no guarantees. We'll see what we see.

No comments: