Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Pre-Move Continues

Well, halfway through the week and it looks like everything will be ready for the final move Saturday. I've been bringing clothes, dishes, books, etc. over one car load at a time. I pulled apart the bed and set it aside, ready for loading.

Monday, I got the renter's insurance in place with AIG. About $50/month. I then got a quote from them for our 3 cars and decided that it was time to leave the GEICO gekko. I ran the quote online then confirmed with an agent and found out that for the same coverage (more or less -- I dropped comprehensive on the Rav), our rates will be almost half what we had been paying. Switching over was so easy a caveman could do it.

Thursday, the Association comes over for their final inspection. A week ago, I called to schedule it at 2 p.m. My real estate agent will meet them since I can't be there. Of course, yesterday they call to re-schedule. It's always something with them. Fortunately, my agent was able to rework his schedule to come over at 10 a.m. So, it looks like I'll get my clear letter. I can imagine there being a problem but with this Association, you never know.

Then my attorney called to say that a re-finance loan that I opened in 2002 and subsequently re-re-financed in 2005 was still showing on title. Apparently, when they were paid off they didn't record their release (even though they charged me for recording it). My attorney says that's not unusual. But it did require me to dig through my old files to find the mortgage information so he can have the mortgage company issue a hold harmless letter for the closing next week. I think I found what he was asking about. If not, he says he can track it down another way but it will take longer and he wants to get things in place ASAP.

In any event, I'm watching Lost and packing one more load to bring over tonight. The eating and cooking utensils, Kerry's wine rack and the drinking glasses. I still have some towels to wrap the glasses in. And, since my trial didn't go today, I can bring all my suits over. No more court this week. That worked out. If I was on trial there's no way I'd be doing any moving today. Or probably tomorrow.

No comments: